Utilizing the expertise of our leadership group and the input of our excellent teaching staff, we have laid out our unique educational approach that will be available to students attending CORE.
- Chris Mahurin - Executive Director
- Melissa Rongley - School Director
- Angela Choate - Operations Director
- Guadalupe Sotelo - Special Education Director
- Pang Vue - Business Director
Leadership in School Organization and Administration
- Executive Director
- Has worked in education for over 16 years as a Group Home tutor, classroom teacher, alternative program developer, Personalized Learning Teacher, and administrator. Chris Mahurin graduated with Highest Honors from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a double major in Philosophy and Religious Studies. He has received his Single Subject Teaching Credential in Social Science and holds a Full Administrative Credential. Chris continues to advocate for alternative education and Personalized Learning with every opportunity.
- School Director
As a homeschool mom and teacher, she has been a part of CORE Charter School for over 20 years. Melissa earned a BA in elementary education and an MA in Curriculum and Instruction: Mathematics. She values the personalized learning approach, using every student's passions and interests to provide pathways to success. As School Director, she is excited to have an opportunity to support staff, students, and families in their educational adventures.
- Operations Director
- Has served the school program in a variety of ways since its inception as well as homeschooled her own children through its program. She oversees classified staff through daily operations, manages the school and State information systems, implements State-mandated policies and programs, and helps facilitates CORE’s personalized program for enrolled families.
- Special Education Director
Has been a long-life resident of our community. She attended Yuba City High School, Yuba College, and Chico State. Guadalupe earned her Master’s Degree in Education and her special education degree. She is a life-long learner and has been in education for over 30 years. She is committed to ensuring student success in all educational settings. Guadalupe is honored and humbled to take on the challenge of being the Special Education Director for CORE Charter.
- Business Director
Over the years, she has served CORE in several different capacities and now serves as the Business Director. She takes care of payroll, accounts payables, community partners, all CORE financial matters and works closely with the Leadership Team. She serves with professionalism and integrity. It is an honor to have her as part of the team here at CORE Charter.